- Create a project with 16 midi tracks or more so the view can scroll up and down.
- In the middle of these tracks, add an Instrument Track with a VST with automatable parameters.
- Add at least two automation parameter lanes.
- Open the Automation Panel.
- Click on the cog icon
- “Reveal Parameter on Write” should be checked.
- Try drawing on the automation line. The view and cursor shift.
-> The view scrolls every time automation is attempted to be drawn, placing the cursor at the wrong place:
Solution: suspend re-centering the view while drawing on the automation lane.
There is no keycommand to quickle toggle “Reveal Parameter on Write” on and off, so I assume this is not intended behavior as it makes it impossible to draw automation properly, and I can’t go back to the Automation Panel’s cog panel each time to turn this on and off while working.