Flac

Hi,

Is it possible to use the audio mix down devise Flac with the AI 4 ?

If so, how do I purchase and install it?

No.

You would have to upgrade to Artist 6 to export files as FLAC, this being an improvement from the recent 6.5 update. You could also convert WAV files to FLAC to save file size by using a third party converter.

OK

Thanks for the answers :wink:

r

I PLEAD GUILTY: I had never heard of “FLAC” before now.
Sounds like something to use with “ONLINE MASTERING”.
No Loss of Quality with FLAC files ------------ MP3’S do kinda **********.
Found this on Flac from 2009 at the old CUBASE.NET Forum. Interesting read

Jack :smiley:

And totally wrong, flac is great for sending over the internet.

Split: I agree with you. FLAC probably hadn’t MATURED enough when those guys were talking about FLAC IN 2009.
Sounds like something to use with ONLINE MASTERING by sending over the Internet with no loss of Quality un-like MP3’S (this is what I ment to say).

I’m currently using FLAC files for sending various mixes to customers for approval, even though I have enough space for the full wave files, it’s saves an age in upload/download times and the customer gets the full impact without compression artifacts. I love it :slight_smile:

Now that I have the chance, I’d like to ask: How long has FLAC been around? And why has it just now been integrated into Cubase so well if it’s been here since before 2009?

2000 according to wikipedia – FLAC - Wikipedia

Jack :slight_smile:

Thanks Halljack. Why didn’t I remember Wikipedia?!! :smiley: Recent recognition of the format must have brought it to the attention of the Steinberg developers recently.

Oh Man ---------- Flac doesn’t work with Itunes, I guess. – Apple Lossless Audio Codec - Wikipedia
Apple has — Alac ---- THE Compatibility WARS again. :unamused: :unamused:

PS: DBX over DOLBY :unamused:

Another good reason to not follow the Icrowd :mrgreen: