Flow heading save [bug]

Hi
wanted to have a new flow heading template without loosing the default
in engrave flow heading
I create a new custom FH based on Default (+)
rename it “Left”
open it
delete {@flowNumber@}.
select whats left
set “align Left”
Apply & close

Open the Default FH
It was overwritten by “Left” FH !!!
default settings are gone

SW

Did you set the new FH type as “Custom”? If you set it as “default” type, it will overwrite the default FH.

I don’t know if this is a bug, but it’s certainly not expected. A new FH should not overwrite the existing Default FH, even if it’s a “default” type. IMO. If I want to overwrite the Default FH, I’d just edit it, right?

yes

I don’t know if this is a bug, but it’s certainly not expected. A new FH should not overwrite the existing Default FH, even if it’s a “default” type. IMO. If I want to overwrite the Default FH, I’d just edit it, right?

yep

Would be helpful to diagnose more specifically, because I’m not getting the behavior you’re describing. If I make a change to the custom FH, it doesn’t affect the default FH.

Ok
Check the gif
Edit flow header.gif

Very strange. I don’t understand why that’s happening.

See attached file. A custom FH does not overwrite the design of the default FH, regardless of whether it’s based on Default or starts from blank.

Creating a new default FH does overwrite the existing one.
FH test.zip (342 KB)

even more strange
tried on your file exactly the same way as my video
same result default and all the FH based on Default are overwritten

I guess we’ll have to wait for the crew coming back from NAMM

If you’re having a problem with a specific project (all together now, join in at the chorus), then please attach the project itself, and not a picture of it. A picture paints a thousand words, but when diagnosing problems in document-based software, etc., etc.

the problem is not project specific, occurs the same way on a new, from template, project
what should I send ?

Send a project that you actually created, which shows the problem.

In your first post, you described what you did. Then somebody asked “did you do some other detail of the process” and you said “yes”. I’m sure you didn’t INTENTIONALLY leave out relevant bits of information to confuse people, but there is no way we can guess what you (or anybody else) ACTUALLY did just be reading what you SAID you did.

here is the Project
follow the instructions in original post

SW

change .zip to .dorico
FH_.Zip (399 KB)

Try deleting the existing text frame in the new flow heading and dragging out a new one, then inserting your text with its different alignment setting in there. That will ensure it is not linked to the existing default flow heading.

thank you for the workaround
works fine