Flows beginning on the same page

Hello,
I am writing a set of short pieces for piano. I would like each new flow to begin on the same page as the previous flow, but I’m having a hard time making it work. I went to Layout Options and under Page Setup>Flows>New Flows, I clicked “Allow on Existing Page”. But that just threw all of the pieces on the first page, making the score all black. So I tried removing the overrides for each page, but the same thing happened again.

So now, I’m trying to create music frames in the empty space of pages and linking them to the next flow, but then I have the same music repeated on the next page.

What am I missing? Is there a way to just have one flow go into the next on the same page?

Thanks for your help.

Tim

You don’t need to create music frames, etc. Removing page overrides (or not creating them in the first place) is usually a good idea, though.

The most likely reason everything got squashed onto one page is because you have somehow created a frame break or system break which says “wait for next break” (which forces everything up to the next break onto one page or one system), but there wasn’t another break in the project.

You can find the breaks by switching on View > Signposts. Either delete them or delete the “wait” property in the Properties panel.

This probably worked before, because starting each flow on a new page effectively created an invisible page break at the start of each flow.

It worked! Thanks so much!