Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd gen Not working with Cubase 5

I just upgraded from the solo to the 18i8 today. I hooked everything up like I always did with the solo, installed software for 18i8 and all the good stuff. Cubase though shows it as Focusrite USB ASIO. But a new one I haven’t seen before on the list aswell is Focusrite Thunderbolt. Anyways, I re-setup my busses, checked all my drivers, its just not wanting to pick up any audio from my guitar. I messed with input and outputs and it still does not cooperate with me. If someone could please help that would awesome.

What specific operating system are you running on your computer?

Please make sure you have the latest ASIO driver version downloaded and installed for the Scarlett 18i8 for your specific operating system version.

Hi Geebullz,

Sorry to hear that you’re having some problems with your 18i8.

Have you opened Focusrite Control since installing it? If not, please do this with the 18i8 switched on and connected to the computer - this may prompt a firmware update.

If this doesn’t work, please feel free to open a support ticket with us directly and we can look into this for you: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Best regards,
Jack // Focusrite Technical Support