Folder Track Output Routing

Would be nice if we could assign an output to a Folder Track, so that, whenever we drop an audio track into that folder, the audio track is routed to the “Folder Track Output” automatically. Would save me a lot of clicking. For example, when it comes time to mix, I make a “Percussion” Group. Now I make a Percussion folder and route it to Percussion Group. Now I select all my percussion tracks and move them into the Percussion folder. All outputs of the tracks I just moved inside the Percussion folder are now routed to the Percussion Group.

1 Like

I agree with the above poster. :smiley:

Moving This to the top. Any success with this?

…weirdo… :rofl:

I wouldn’t want it. But if optional, fine.

Yes, perhaps a flag/checkbox on existing Folder type tracks (that would allow conversion of Folder tracks in older projects to Routing Folders, rather than having to recreate tracks as new types).

1 Like

The OP is basically describing how routing in Ableton works. I agree this would be nice as an optional feature, but I definitely don’t want it to remove how things currently work. That would mess up a lot of my template.

LOL! Of course optional would be the only way this would work. But I can’t really see a reason why you’d place files into auto routed folders if you didn’t want them routed to the same place. I’ve never used ableton, but this is how Reaper does it. Thanks for reviving this 3 years later BTW. Please vote for this feature. I’ve been burned on films when I’ve added new tracks and forgot to route the track appropriately to the respective bus. This would have solved my problem.

1 Like

@steve - any chance the “cubase-12” tag can be added to this please so that it’s seen by the product team? Thanks!

There are already 55 votes on this feature-request, which strikes me to be fairly similiar to what you ask for:

You might want to place your chips there.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing that to my attention @Johnny_Moneto - you’re quite right - I’ll place my chips there! :slight_smile:

Should I be hurt that I requested this before that thread (and years before that)? Guess I am not a popular kid :girl: