Font AMBITUS, molto interessante!

I have noticed that sometimes when this happens, the Word dropdown that shows the currently active font switches to the standard font (Calibri for example) - have you observed anything like that? Another idea could be to clear the entire Windows font cache to make sure to start from a clean slate.

I don’t have Word 2019 installed at home, but it used to be available at our university, maybe I can troubleshoot it there if they haven’t switched to the 365 subscription service…

I haven’t noticed any font switching in the Word dropdown menu. Ambitus is displayed. I just cleared the Windows font cache according to the instructions and did a reboot. Still the same - a stubborn case.

The second part of the notes with the glyphs above the middle line is displayed correctly. Maybe it has something to do with the minus key that is not recognized? I’m using a Swiss-German keyboard, but I doubt if that’s the reason. Copy & Paste from the Ambitus documentation led to the same result. However, it is not urgent. The functioning within Dorico is more important to me. Thanks again for your support!

Hi,

I purchased the font, it seems great, but I’m not able to make a bar line as I can not find, on my MacBook Pro keyboard, the vertical line.

Also, I wish I would make some shortcuts with a controller like Metagrid, and the characters they propose are not all here, for instance there is no “#” sign (i.e. as a key from the keyboard). Is there a way to change the shortcuts ?

It may sound naive, sorry, it’s my first time in the world of font.

B.

vertical line should be shift + option + L

It depends on your localization. U.S. keyboards have a \ key which types | with Shift.
Apparently on a German keyboard it’s Option-7.
I have not heard of Shift-Option-L before. For me that types Ò.

Shift Option L worked (in France), thanks!

Thanks Tim I purchased Ambitus yesterday and it really addresses a need. I just wonder whether it could in future be expanded to cover some of the common early music symbols that crop up in modern editions of renaissance vocal music e.g

I had a go at doing this example in Dorico a while back for an academic colleague and it was certainly a trauma trying to do vertically duplicated accidentals in the signature for some of the prefatory editorial staves. Mensural tempo signs like perfect and imperfect were a bit easier I guess. Can imagine your tool being a godsend for early music researchers if it could be expanded in the prefatory staves for early music direction. Thanks again for your efforts

3 Likes

That certainly seems possible. I don’t have any experience with renaissance music, unfortunately – are there any resources you can point me to where I can see what’s required?

Version 1.2 is now available with the following new features:

More information (and the font) can be found in the Scoring Notes blog/at Notation Central

5 Likes

thanks so much !