Font problem/bug - time sensitive

I upgraded to macOS Mojave 10.14 this afternoon.

Now any score I open in Dorico (v2.1.10.1080) displays all of the lyrics and token text fonts as bold. For instance, if I select a token, the regular/bold/italic dropdown appears to select the opposite of what is displayed. IOW, I can change the token to REGULAR by selecting BOLD and vice versa. Note in the screenshots that the label is the opposite of the text display.

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 4.51.11 PM.png
I need to publish several scores tomorrow and really hate to go through and dink around with all of the fonts to get them looking right, only to have to undo all of those changes later when I figure this out.

Further information: I thought I had closed Dorico before executing the OS update, but when my mac restarted it opened Dorico right away which makes me think I had only closed the score and not actually quit Dorico. Don’t know if this has something to do with it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

You need to install 2.1.20 which includes the fix for this issue: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/dorico_pro_2.html

muchas gracias! I didn’t realize I had missed an update.

hmmm the Steinberg download assistant is only showing 2.1.10. - there’s the culprit.

Glad you have a solution! Those two sentences could have been a dangerous combination…

It’s not on the download assistant because then they would have had to release an entirely unnecessary 2.1.20 for Windows, I believe…

Yes, Dorico 2.1.20 is really just a “hot fix” and only recommended for users who have no choice but to run Mojave, e.g. because they’ve bought a new Mac since Mojave was released.

The next “proper” update will include the fixes needed for font rendering on Mojave as well, along with a load of other functionality, too.