Font styles handling in Dorico...

NorFonts: you have solved my problem. Thank you very much. The music now prints all the custom accidentals in pdf and on paper. What did you do, if you can describe it in not too much detail, to regenerate the font in FontForge?

Previously I had found FF too difficult to use and used instead an inexpensive font creator for part of the font. (Before that, going back many years, I don’t remember what I used.) As I mentioned, the font worked in Dorico 2. But I am using Dorico 3 and am therefore glad to be able to resume work knowing that I can print the result.

Thanks also to everyone who considered my problem, including Daniel, of course, who seems to have been right that the font was a problem.

P. S. I still get the missing font dialog box on opening files, although that seems to have no consequence.

:slight_smile: Yes FF is a bit different, but I think its a simple software just like FL or Glyph, you only need to get accustomed to it. I basically use FL and Glyphs app, so what I did is just regenerate as OTF from the File menu, that’s it.

Can you screenshot that missing font dialog box?

For more information, read here: _http://designwithfontforge.com/en-US/The_Final_Output_Generating_Font_Files.html_

Here is the dialog box for the missing font. Clicking on either option in it brings up the relevant Dorico file with no apparent problem.
missingfont.jpg.zip (109 KB)

In the Replacement Family double-click and select again Frax font and Plain in the Replacement Style. Save your dorico file then quit Dorico. Now, reopen it again and check for any missing font.

Unfortunately that procedure makes no difference. Reopening the saved file brings the same dialog box about the missing font. Choosing Cancel or OK brings the Dorico file, which works correctly.