Foreground VSTs/Devices

Hi

Sorry if this has been raised before, I did a quick search but couldn’t find a definitive answer. I have been suffering with this problem for many versions of Cubase: Regardless of what preferences I set in the VST preferences/options in Cubase, I cannot get certain windows to come into the foreground in Cubase, even if they are the active window.

For example, some VST instruments, and/or devices like the mix console - even if they are selected (i.e. I am moving the window around with my mouse) certain other VST’s for example will ALWAYS remain in the foreground - this is highly irritating and requires that I have to move everything around on my screen in order to see things.

I’m running the latest version of Cubase 8 pro on W7 x64. Does anyone know if this is a bug or is there simply some other setting I need to adjust in order to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Right-click to the header of window (for example plug-in window, MediaBay…). Here, you can enable/disable “Always on Top” option. If any window opens at the same position, where the “Always on Top” window is, the new window would be displayed behind it.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks! Will try it later when I’m back in front of it.

Bit embarrassing as it really was that simple. thanks again :slight_smile: