Formatting of the unwanted score

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me.
I use Cubase 10.5 on Mac. My problem is that I can’t get the score to format as I would like.
I am attaching a photo in which two identical measures have been written, but with different formatting.

The first is what I would like, the second is the one formatted by the software. I have tried to set the quantizations in various ways to no avail. I also tried to write the three voices on three different tracks, but when I overlap them to get the final score, the result is always the same.
Thank you.
Nunzio

If you put each voice on its own MIDI Channel then each voice will be displayed independent of the other voices. Look at Score Setting Polyphonic tab to set how the channels are assigned to voices. You might also want to read the manual about the settings on that tab, as it can be un-intuitive. I’d advise using the default channel settings.

Thanks for your help, so I should have solved it.
I’m trying now with a slightly more complex score.
The mistake I made was to assign three different tracks to the three voices, but with the same MIDI channel.
Thank you again.
Regards.
Nunzio

I’ve found having some Macros/Key Commands to set all the Selected Notes to Channels 1 through 4 pretty useful.

wow, I’d be happy to have them.

Sure

Not sure on the Mute why I didn’t do it all in the LE

The channel set based on chord position works fine unless you have a common note that sustains from one chord to the next. ln that situation the note will be counted for the first chord and not counted in the second. This can need cleaning up by hand after.

Here’s some LE Presets for channels. You need to make a version for each channel.

remember notes are counted up starting at 0 for the lowest

1 Like

All clear.
I don’t know how to thank you, you have been very kind.
Best wishes.
Nunzio