Fortepiano issue

Incorrect. There’s nothing to stop you using Ctrl/Cmd+Alt+Arrows to move by grid value.

Ah, never used Ctrl-Alt-arrow for dynamics before. Neat-O.

Thanks, Leo. As usual, you’re faster than I am. But it’s good that everyone knows about cmd-alt-arrows!

One last hint:
The velocity track is the CC number which is assigned to your playback technique.
Let’s say you are using HALion violins.

1. Go to Playback Mode (Command 4)
  2. Open the Expression Map (Control E)
  3. Go to HSO violins Combi
  4. Have a look to which CC the dynamics are assigned:
    in this case for the ‘natural’ playing technique it is CC1
  5. Close the Expression Map, and stay in Play Mode
  6. Open the CC automation Curve for the violins
  7. Choose CC1 and draw your automation curve

That would be another solution of which I’m not a big fan (see my post earlier).
    Have fun :smiley:

thanks everyone. I figured out what is going on. where to start…

1. yes, it is ctrl-alt-arrow, I was using alt-arrow (or other equally wrong finger faults-- don’t hit the shift key :unamused: ).

2. I noticed in pianoleo’s video (thanks), the grid was coming up. I’ve gotten used to hitting enter to start edit mode, but if you have a dynamic highlighted, it brings up the pop-over. you must be hitting numpad-enter (or maybe I remapped it ? ) . However, it isn’t needed; ctrl-alt-arrow will move the dynamic without being in entry mode (cool!)

3. As for the playback issue, this is a noteperformer problem. When I use the HSO template, I do get an fp effect. When using noteperformer, I think it analyzes that the f and p are so close together that it just gives you the latter dynamic.
    But, if the tempo is slow enough, it can work; this might explain the inconsistant results people see.

I’m not hitting Enter. I don’t want to be in Note Input mode. The grid only appears because I’m using the shortcut that nudges objects by the grid value.

ah! you have the system track on; I thought that was the grid. my track is hidden. Now I’m following you , thx