FR: A Steinberg-hosted WIKI for Cubase and other products

This is not specifically a Cubase request, but as I only use Cubase, I’m gonna post it here :wink:

I think it would be a good idea to have a Wiki for Cubase and other Steinberg products, where registered users could write and maintain Howtos, Tutorials and Best Practices.

We have many very experienced and competent users here on the forum already, with good tips and tricks, but they are scattered among all the posts and hard to find.
A forum software like Discourse is just not the right medium for collecting and organizing documents of information IMHO. Neither a “tips-and-tricks” tag nor a limited Wiki topic can offer the flexibility that a real Wiki does.

We all know that learning Cubase is not easy to learn and the manual is - although comprehensive - not very accessible, especially not for beginners.
I notice that a lot of the same questions are asked over and over again. Instead of typing the same answers for the umpteenth time, we could just link to the respective Wiki pages.
I could also imagine tutorials for topics that outside the scope of a normal product manual, for example “How do I setup ASIO4ALL with Cubase?”.

2 Likes

I completely agree.

I just received a Steinberg survey via email asking to rate Steinberg support and how it can be improved.

I answered with that Steinberg needs to get much more involved in the forum. The forum can be an incredibly powerful resource for support (stickied threads, guides, FAQs, tips & tricks, known issues, user feedback, work in progress, WIKI etc. etc).

It’s also a great place to connect with Steinberg product users to get ideas on how to improve the products.

Steinberg has felt like a corporation that is disconnected from its user base for too long.

I have also noticed that a lot of things in the user manual are also out dated and sometimes isn’t completely accurate.