[FR] Audio parts spectral view

having looked at Reaper’s implementation of spectral editing: Spectral Editing in REAPER - YouTube

when are we likely to have, at the very least, a ‘spectral view’ option for tracks?

Personally I’d say that the implementation in Reaper is “ok”, but not great. I think Steinberg could possibly do it better. It’s certainly a way to maybe get far more out of Nuendo. It would allow us to bypass iZotope RX completely for a lot of work, which would be great and a time saver.

My worries would be though that a) it would take a lot of processing power and some drive space, as well as b) possibly complicate things as far as code is concerned. And if you think I’m being too negative about this just remember that in a recent update (upgrade?) Steinberg partially broke VCAs again.

I think a lot of us already have RX so it’s sort of a great feature to have in the future but I’m guessing some of us are looking at more ‘pressing’ issues.

But I basically agree with you though. I do think it would be a nice addition and I would for sure use it if it worked as advertised, so

Good suggestion, you have my “+1”

I´m with MatthiasNYC.
I´m also a big fan of iZotope RX and Wavelab´s Spectrum Editing. Anyway, it would be nice to have more WL features in Nuendo too.