[FR] - copy names from parts and regions & others

I haven’t found any way of doing this, so here it goes:

-could we have a feature where you can copy and paste the name of a midi file or region in a macro?
For example, I’ve got loads of little videofiles I need to design sfx to, and so I cycle marker them for batch export later on, but right now I have to manually copy the name of each video file and paste it into the cyclemarker names.
Very laborious, and this feature would make it much easier…

-can we have a feature in the pool where we can instantly move selected audiofiles to a new folder? Sometimes I select a bunch only to realise after I need to create a folder to move them in to…so I have to deselect, create folder and then select them all again…with 50+ files this can get tedious…

-a select by critera in the pool could also be useful, or perhaps the logical editor an be extended to also cover the pool…for example, I want to select all audiofiles that have been used, or select all that are mono, or all that have a particular property set…

Pretty please with sugar on top…

X
Joe

bump,

mods, are these FR posts going anywhere? Or are we just posting in thin air…

For what it’s worth, Joe, here’s a bump from a 4.3 user-- features like you described could have saved me hours on my last project.

As I quantify the factors that would economically justify upgrading to 5… those alone would have easily made it worth it!

Chewy