FR: Crosshairs for Bar Numbers

Would it be possible to enable crosshairs - already there for elements like Text and Rehearsal Marks - to Bar Numbers as well?

1 Like

This has been requested before, and we may well implement this at some point in the future.

2 Likes

Thanks Daniel.

I just ran into this today.

I had a bar number just now that was pushed way up due to some content of the score. It’s very simple for me to nestle it back in by hand by nudging it to the side a little, but it’s hard to get it exactly inline with the others since there are no crosshairs (or even just a baseline). I’d also love to see this in the future.

3 Likes

Unfortunately for technical reasons it’s difficult to show crosshairs on bar numbers, so while this is something we would like to implement, it’s not likely to be something we can add imminently.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Might it be possible to tweak settings for when bar numbers are pushed up then? Maybe we could define an acceptable number of spaces that the number can be shifted to the right (and/or left) to avoid collisions, and only then, if that threshold is exceeded, would the number be bumped up instead. (Just spitballing here.)

1 Like

I use myPoint Light. It places a crosshair into the Mac OS desktop interface - although it’s always present and has no scale markings.

Still, it’s useful for alignment.

1 Like

While we’re vaguely on the topic, it’d be really good if bar numbers could be tucked tucked inside rather than outside slurs and dynamics (and ties) automatically. I’m thinking of situations such as film session parts, where bar numbers are positioned underneath every barline.

Or failing that, the ability to use Select More or Filters for bar numbers, plus the ability to turn off collision avoidance, in order to quickly move a whole row of bar numbers simultaneously.

4 Likes

I have a guides program I use, but I cannot toggle them on and off with a keystroke, which irks me. I never thought of something that highlights the cursor though. I will try this out.

Amen to all of this.