FR: Cubase-like Time Warp/Warp Grid Tool in Play Mode

Hello Dorico crew,
I would like to ask you for one very useful tool when it comes to film scoring - Time Warp/Warp Grid. I’ve seen that it doesn’t exist in Dorico yet.
For more information check this video:

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

Hello Dorico team,
Sorry for bumping this topic once again, but please, think about adding this feature to Dorico! :slight_smile:
I don’t want to be dependent on Cubase for scoring to picture anymore… Cubase 13 is a big backward step. I’ll keep Cubase 12 for scoring to picture until Dorico becomes more advanced in that area, and then probably (if the team behind Cubase, doesn’t stop living in a parallel universe) I will switch to Pro Tools for audio and some small MIDI things.
I really like Cubase, and I feel a big pain about it…
I hoped that you, the team behind Dorico, will become an example for the entire company, and the team behind Cubase will follow your behavior towards us, but unfortunately they didn’t…
Here is the tool:

Best regards to the Best Team at Steinberg, you really rock! :slight_smile:

Thurisaz

I find this quite a bold statement on a Steinberg forum, without elaborating… I’ve studied a bit what’s new about Cubase 13 (I even upgraded), and I don’t see anything that could be considered as a backward step. What do you mean exactly? What has changed in a bad way? Because I find it clearer, some features have been added (which have no relationship with Time Warp), but I haven’t noticed any backward step… This is a genuine question, not a trap from a fanboy.

1 Like

Yes, I’d be curious on this too…

However I think it more respectful that @Thurisaz should start a new thread in the Cubase forum, detailing those ‘backward steps’ found and which will allow other Cubase users to comment also. Finally, posting a link to the topic here in this thread.

3 Likes

Hello, @MarcLarcher and @Puma0382,
I hope you are doing well! :slight_smile:

About the “backward step”…

1. The GUI looks terrible, painful for the eyes, the objects are hardly readable…
  • In general one can’t spend much time working in such an environment.
  • I do find Cubase 13 looking ugly and far from modern… modern are UAD - LUNA, Pro Tools, Harrison - Mixbus, even Ableton Live 12 and Studio One… Cubase 13 is far away from any of the mentioned.
  • a tool like the Beat Calculator was removed
  • Cubase 13 forces the users to change color schemes in order to make the text object a bit easily readable…
  • I was happy with the top menu bar and the title bar as single line, in Cubase 13 they followed the Windows terrible decision to make them separate and to take double the space…
    I gave a try to Cubase 13 few times, but my eyes are more important, so I haven’t been able to deeply explore it. I prefer to work in Cubase 12.
    Actually I need just a few things in Dorico, that are film music related - like the Time/Grid Warping and the note start humanization, then I would be able to fully free myself of Cubase… :slight_smile:
    Since the team behind Cubase prefer to waste their time on unwanted GUI changes, instead of making it more powerful for audio editing… well Pro Tools now offers perpetual licenses… :slight_smile: And it’s more powerful for audio editing. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

I’m closing this topic because it’s off-topic for this category. Discussion of Cubase 13 should go in the Cubase category.

4 Likes