FR: display "real" page number even when page numbers overridden

Hello–
I’d love it if the next version of Dorico would show the “actual” or real page number in parenthesis even when there have been page number overrides. Frequently, I’ll keep one project for a particular hymn tune, but set multiple texts. Then, when I go to export I just do specific pages. This, however gets confusing if you’ve inserted multiple page number overrides. (See example: first page 1 is a title page; second page 1 is the first 2-page hymn, the third page 1 is the second 2-page hymn.) If we had some indication, however small or slight, what the true sequence of the pages are, this would really help exporting only specific pages. In larger, multi-flow projects, this can really take some trial and error to get it right.

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider this.

1 Like

Thanks, as always!

Greetings Daniel et al.,
Another thing occurred to me today that would be useful. I have a project that consists of a collection of hymns and responses, where there are 32 different pages in this particular file. (Each element is 1-2 pages.) This file was created so that all these disparate elements had exactly the same engraving options and dates to a time before it was easily to share these settings between files. The goal is to export each page for placement in a long Triduum worship aid, so I had no need for page numbers to be included in the page templates, as those will be determined by the booklet into which these exports are being placed. Since my template does not have the page number on it, I have no idea what page I’m on when I’m in the middle of the file. This also makes exporting individual pages difficult.

I would love it if we could turn on an option to show the [real, see above] page numbers on each page (the music, not the thumbnails), greyed out in brackets just to orient ourselves. That way if I need to export, say, page 23 by itself, I know it’s page number, rather than having to repeatedly guess in the print/export dialogue.

Thanks,
J

1 Like