FR: Extending Attributes in 'Naming Schemes' - Export Window

I’ve been trying to figure out how to use the PLE (project logical editor) to rename individual Cycle Marker events, following certain rules, to better batch exporting sounds. I am stuck because I simply can’t do what I want ( or I am missing something).

Use case: sound effects.

I record a lot of objects and variations. Edit them and line them up over multiple microphones and then want to export these tracks with a good name (UCS compliant). This filename should at least include the Action / Object / ID number but there are more variations possible.

In the current version of the export schemes I can only set these attributes:

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 19.51.46

These attributes are too limited

I would love to add multiple Attributes from the marker window to the export window scheme. ‘Character’ is a good example. As it stands making smart names is very cumbersome.

Example:
If I’ve record and edited
a Toothbrush at 3 speeds (3 variations ‘dry’ and 3 variations in my mouth) and
a Hair dryer at 2 speeds (2 variations and 2 perspectives: close and distant).
I have to name every cycle marker individually by typing with these fairly common parameters I’ve described.

The itch is, the the marker window has these great options, to create these fields, but no way to use them in the export window. Such a shame

Here’s an example of Hair dryer:
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 19.59.28

Imagine the possibilities if the export window would allow me to use these fields (character - description - perspective - variations).

Oh and yes, I know I could use the Trackname Atribute but I can’t because I’m recording this with 3 microphones (Sennheiser MKH50, DPA 4060, Contact mic). So these tracks are already named correctly for exporting.

I’ve also tried to use the Advanced Rename but that is still a lot of work to setup and requires making preset , it’s just too labour intensive. And it is also not insightful when you open up the window. You have to click the blue arrow to see exactly what is being concatenated and it doesn’t allow separators.
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 20.13.42

Hope others will find this useful and maybe get this in N14?

Agree it would be helpful to have some method to use multiple attributes from the marker window in the naming scheme when using Export Audio Mixdown from cycle markers.

P.S. IMO it would be a good idea to tag this topic as a ‘Feature request’ otherwise it will likely get lost among everything else.

it is tagged as feature request :slight_smile:
but thanks for the support!

1 Like