[FR] Make MediaBay More User Friendly

I love the Media Bay, it’s so great having a database app right inside Nuendo without having to run other programs beside it. But the design and functionality are challenging. Every time I open the MediaBay I look for the search field. Every time!

All the sections, titles, input fields are strangely color coded and positioned and there are fields screaming for attention, for example the orange filter, that it’s always distracting. Why is the filter orange while nothing else is? The ACTUAL search field, probably the action you do most in MediaBay, is somewhere in the middle in light gray and looks like another kind of heading. And in the results area of the window, there are suddenly more filters options for media types. Why positioned in the results and not in the filter section? Filters are here, and there, and over there a little bit. It is distracting.

Suggestion: Redesign MediaBay a bit so it becomes the slick quick go-to media browser to scan your lib and find your sounds. No guessing and looking for the search field. Arrange filters, search, results meaningfully.

(I had this request in a monolithic request post but I realized nobody could comment sensibly in any way so I broke it out. Maybe I’ll see that way what makes sense and people +1 and what doesn’t make sense. Sorry for the hassle.)

Agreed. It would be great if we had an easier way to group media per tool such as Groove Agent, and/or by content folders and samples arranged by how the individual user would like them named and sorted.

I, too, always use the search function.