FR: mixed asio direct monitoring / cubase monitoring

I currently experiment, trying to make my studio setup more manageable regarding recording/monitoring.

I tried using ASIO direct monitoring with my RME HDSP Digiface, and it works great!

However, there’s one thing that I can’t do, currently:

I can’t ASIO direct monitor my Mic AND put a 100% wet reverb on the monitored channel. Of course, the reverb would be delayed, due to latency, compared to the ADM signal, but I could live with the reverb tail slighty delayed, as long as the Mic isn’t.

In Cubase, it’s either ADM always on for everything, or always off.

So, with ADM off, if you have a track As input receive from Mic, output to a bus (without hardware connection), and set another track Bs input to receive from this bus, output to main, both tracks monitored, you hear the Mic in main.

If you switch on ADM, you won’t, as cubase won’t process track A and won’t send Mic to the Bus, so track B won’t receive anything and you won’t hear anything.

I’d like to be able to switch ADM on and off per audio track (at least, when either in- or output is set to a bus which isn’t connected to hardware anyway), so a Mic recording channel can be ASIO direct monitored AND at the same time sent to a stereo bus, where another track receives from, processes and is monitored via cubase.

Hi TabSel.

Keine schlechte Idee!!! Das Signal kommt ja auch in der jeweiligen Spur an…
Sonst könnte es ja auch nicht aufgezeichnet werden. :smiley:
Könnte mir vorstellen, dass man das in die Pre-/Post-Umschaltung der Sends
reinhaut.

Ich hab zwar nicht das Problem, weil ich über meinen DSP das Signal mit Effekten versehen kann,
aber hätte nichts gegen andere Modulationseffekte (die ja sowieso meistens auf Delays basieren
und ein minimaler Versatz sich klanglich im gewissen Rahmen noch an die eigenen Bedürfnisse
anpassen lässt).

LG

+1

Still valid for c7.0.1