[FR] Option to Apply "Render in Place" for "Frozen" MIDI and Audio Tracks

Hello Cubase team and colleagues,
I haven’t found any way to apply “Render in Place” for “Frozen” MIDI and audio tracks in Cubase Pro 12.0.40.
I have an old project created before the integration of “Render in Place” function in Cubase, which I would like to finalize, but unfortunately I don’t use many of the instruments, or some of them are incompatible, which were involved in the project back then. Fortunately I had frozen all MIDI tracks in order to free some CPU for the live instruments and vocals recordings.
It would be great if you give us the opportunity to “Render in Place” from Frozen Tracks! :slight_smile:

Please, think about it for the next update! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Thurisaz

P.S: I’m aware that I can manually import the audio sources form the frozen tracks! Still I think that Render in Place could do this much faster and easier.

Are you trying to render frozen midi tracks where the instrument doesn’t exist? You wouldn’t get any sound if that’s the case, unless I’m not understanding your request.

Hi @manzanilla413,
Yes, the instruments don’t exist as plug-ins. The MIDI/Instrument tracks were frozen long ago when the instruments were available as plug-ins on my previous computer, so they exists as audio sources in my project, and they all sounding during the playback.
I would like to use Render in Place in order to extract them on the correct positions below the original tracks easier and faster. Unfortunately this function can not be applied for frozen tracks currently. I hope the team behind Cubase could make it possible! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

As a workaround, you can find the frozen tracks audio in your project folder and import it. You can then treat it however you wish.

Hi @Phil_Pendlebury,
I’m aware for this workaround. Thank you for your suggestion! :slight_smile:
Currently this is the only way for me. But this forced me to ask the team to extend
the functionality of the “Render in Place”. It will make the process so much faster and easier. :slight_smile:

If you’re aware of it, consider mentioning it in your original post, to save people the trouble and time of suggesting something you already know.

Best. P.

1 Like