FR: Project Info's text fields don't render small caps

I realize that Dorico does not officially support small caps. See this thread and this thread.
However, if code points are used, I can use small caps. They look great in the actual musical score, but in the Project Info pane (Command-I) they are gibberish. Here is what I see in the Project Info pane:
smallcapsin_project_info_w500
In the score it’s this:
smallcapsin_score_w500
I don’t know how hard it’d be to program this, but it’d be a nice little improvement in one absolutely amazing program!

The UI font that Dorico is using to display text in dialogs doesn’t contain characters at the specific small caps code points you’re using in your string, so it can’t display them.

In future versions of Dorico we plan to support OpenType features such as stylistic sets etc. which should allow you to activate the small caps feature of compatible fonts, without needing to use dedicated code points for such text.

6 Likes

@dspreadbury. Thanks Daniel! I figured that the problem was that those characters were in the private use area.

I’ve very happy that Dorico will support those advanced typesetting features in the future. You guys have done an amazing job with Dorico!