[FR] Send Clip / Selection to External Editor

There are times where I would like to send a clip (only the clip portion of the audio file, not the complete file) to an external editor like RX, process stuff, then send it back. There is the crutch of the RX Connect plugin where you have to transfer a section. It would be wonderful if this would be built-in, without a plugin from the 3rd party software vendor.

Suggestion: Add a “Open With External Editor” menu option to clips and selections. Then we can process it with anything outside Nuendo for when the offline processing plug-ins are not enough. Once saved, Nuendo recognizes the file changed and it updates the waveform and everything in the arrange window, with versions, like the Process History. Currently when I change something in a file outside Nuendo, Nuendo doesn’t get that something changed.

(I had this request in a monolithic request post but I realized nobody could comment sensibly in any way so I broke it out. Maybe I’ll see that way what makes sense and people +1 and what doesn’t make sense. Sorry for the hassle.)

Hello Chris,

this feature is already available in Cubase, however only possible with WaveLab. Nuendo will soon have this option as well.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Hi Luis

Nuendo will have the option to send to an arbitrary external editor (preferred) or to WaveLab exclusively?

Thanks
Chris

I am simply wondering if this process is not working properly , because of limitation in iZotope RX instead of shortcomings in Nuendo ?
But, definitely…this would be a huge plus !

It’s one of the situations that make me think I am in the 1990s rather than mid 2010s.

In the '90s Cubase could send out to any external editor! :sunglasses:

Chewy

OMG, you are right :open_mouth: