Frame layout problem

I’m still working on a piece for a mixed ensemble. I do have a mixture of text and music frames on different pages. Now , after adding three brass player, the layout is totally confused.
The first text Fram f.e. was after bar 49, now its behind bar 15.
How can I solve that?
I tried to move the frames manually to the right place but I can’t move them from page to page. , but that seems not to be possible?

Thank you

If your overrides are local to each page (and not in a custom master page) then you can swap the page overrides to the next/previous page.

Adding players will change the casting off (which page each bit of music falls on) because more music has to fit on each page. Wherever possible, it’s easiest to wait until after you have added all players and flows to the project before getting into the detail of overriding pages, although I know of course that’s not always possible. If you have page designs that you are likely to reuse, create them as a custom master page so that if you ever need to change the page they occur on (e.g. from page 6 to page 8) it’s easier to reapply the master page to the required pages.

Thank you … I am a bit lost in translation :wink: but try to understand. Thank you

…but all in all that does mean that for every single voice layout there must be an all new oder of text and music frames? Thats really a lot of work …

If you create custom master pages for the page designs you need, that should reduce the effort required (and make the formatting consistent across parts).

For future projects, I really would strongly recommend trying to wait until the music is as finished as possible before formatting pages - if you add one or two bars here or there, often you can control the note spacing, staff spacing (and so on) sufficiently to keep pages the same. However, if you add a lot of players, that can change the pagination quite a lot. You could try reducing the staff size or something to fit the music on the same number of pages as it was previously, but if the music has just significantly changed, you might have to rework your pages.

“Measure twice, cut once” :slight_smile:

For future projects, I really would strongly recommend trying to wait until the music is as finished as possible before formatting pages

In a way you are wright, but the text frames are part of the composition , that makes the hierarchy between text and music a bit difficult

The problem is that Text Frames are attached to coordinates on a page, not a specific bar and beat. If you need text to move with the music then you need to use Shift-X text or Shift-Alt-X text.

Depending on where they occur relative to the music, you could (if they are at the start of a flow) include a text frame in the flow heading that refers to the “other info” field in Project Info for that flow.

If you need text to move with the music then you need to use Shift-X text or Shift-Alt-X text.

I´ll try next time :slight_smile: