Free NI Phasis plug causing problems

Just a heads up.

NI is currently giving away a plug-in called Phasis as a promotion. After installing, Cubase put it on the Blacklist. Foolishly I reactivated it. Cubase warned me it could cause problems to reactivate & to re-scan the plug-ins to get it back on the Blacklist. Next time I started Cubase it crashed while Initializing the VST 2.x Plug-in Manager. Retried a few times - same results. Obviously couldn’t re-scan if Cubase won’t start. Renamed the file extension on Phasis.dll and all is fine now.

Anybody here have Phasis working (suspect not)?

Working on my rig…but my platform is Mac. Didn’t have a blacklist issue after installing. It’s fairly plain vanilla…so I don’t think you’re missing much.

installed and runs fine here. It didn’t blacklist.

Working here also. Pretty neat free plug-in.

Hummm? I was surprised with the blacklisting. Maybe the download got corrupted. I’ll try again.

I have the same issues with it, reactivated with plugin manager and all hell let loose so renamed it as the OP did.

Working here on 9.5.1 on Win10. No installation issue either. It is a particularly sweet sounding plugin

Not working. NativeAccess window shows that all is okay. Cubase ignores it at all instances - not blacklisted, not included, not functioning at all.

Did you confirm it installed to the correct location?

@ANeenan

Check Plug In Path. Mine is C:\Program files\Native Instruments\

Good plugin, working here. But I had to copy the DLL from the NI folder (see above message) to my VSTPlugins folder, then Cubase saw it fine.

Mike.

What version of Windows are you on? It looks like all the “it works here” folks might be on Win10. I’m on Win7 & wonder if that might be a factor.

Yeah on win7 here too… A mate who is on win7 also has it working just fine… Weird!

I have it working just fine on my Win 7 PC…FWIW.

Well there goes my best theory. :frowning:

I just re-installed Phasis & it still crashes Cubase.

Working perfectly here. I’m using the 64 bit plugin path: “C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit”. You can see my system spec in the signature.

Although, this is the best installation of Windows 7 I’ve ever had. Managed to install every single Windows update with NO ERRORS! I made a clone immediately afterwards and have been using it ever since.

I’m going to guess it’ll be a Windows issue rather than Cubase or NI, since most other people (including myself) have Phasis working perfectly.

Do you have all Windows updates installed as well as things like .NET and Visual C++ installations? I made sure to install every single one of those just in case programs need them. Ever since doing that with the latest Windows install, I’ve never had an issue with installing anything since (check the screenshot attached). Something worth thinking about if/when you decide to reinstall Windows.

Yes @Grim, I confirm that it is installed in C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Phasis… There are D3D and Documentation forder.

I have Windows 10 on AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Yeah, Windows made that big update about what here many people talks on forum. But Cubase 9.5.10 works pretty well.

I have .NET Framework not up to date like @jim_griff have. Mine is 4.5.2. Is this a breaking point to think about?

P.S. I can plug in this plugin into Windows XP SP2 too, but I guess this will be the end of my twelve-year old donkey laptop :wink:

But the plugin (the .dll file) is PROBABLY in the folder "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit"
Is that the path you added?

Yes! It is there.
I add this folder to Cubase’s Plugin Manager setup. Reloaded, restarted, polished, cured, dehidrized… No reactions. More - after restart of Cubase, added folder was gone from setup - it quietly told - your 64bit needs is not compatible with my 64bit understandings. I copied .dll to Program Files/VSTPlugins. No reactions. Not blacklistet too.

Blacklisted here also. Annoying. NI should fix this.

Reactivated it and it worked though.