Freeze on quit

Hi all,
I have similar issue with Cubase 11.0.41
No crash during the work, even with large project. I can save, no crash, I can close the project, it never crash, but when I close cubase it freeze.

Things that I’ve seen yesterday, I’ve opened the task manager and even with project un-loaded, the CPU was at 8% level for cubase. Suddenly it start do decrease the load, (it was taking 1mn or so to reach 1% CPU) and then, after that I can close without any problem. Perhaps Cubase is doing something like unloading memory, cleaning some cache file, I don’t know, but it’s doing something even with project unloaded.

Regards
Fred

Hi and welcome on the forum,

Are you in Mac or Windows, please?

Hi all,
I’m windows user
windows 10 21H2
PC : razer studio edition 15 (11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11800H )
16 RAM and 2 NVME 512Go
Soundcard : Focusrite 8i6 driver 4.65.5.658
Midi : Motu midi express 128
Other : CC121 steinberg

Cubase : 11.0.41
elicenser : 7.0.3.0

As I said, no problem to load, play, work all the day, save and close project. Problem is that when the project is closed and when I just want to close cubase it freeze.

Regards
Fred

Hi,

Generate a DMP file and share it via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file, please.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\ Users \ \ Downloads \ Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 12:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase12

Nuendo 12:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo12

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

ZIP and share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Hi all,
I’ve also write to the support in the meantime, sorry for this and they ask me to download and install last version of Cubase 11.0.41 (which is already done because I’ve install this version at the very start in december) and also install the last e-licenser-control, and apparently it was not the last release which was installed. So when I’ve launched the download assistant, it automatically download and upgrade to the last version.
I’ve installed procdump as required, it works.
But, now, Cubase is not crashing at all for now :slight_smile: . I use it 3 or 4 time since the upgrade and it has not crashed on exit, perhaps it’s related to the upgrade of the e-licenser control center ??? , don’t know…
Anyway, I will launch procdump each time i will use cubase just in case and if there’s a problem I will send you the dump, cubase is working perfectly with procdump in background so it doesn’t hurt.

Regards
Frederic ABIGNOLI