Freeze To Track Version - creates temporary track version you can decide to keep

It would be great that if when you freeze a track, it just creates a rendered track version in which you can decide to keep when you unfreeze.

If you decide to keep, it bypasses inserts and channel EQ/stuff.

So it would essentially flip a synth/instrument track into an audio track? then when you click back on to the 1st track version it flips back to a synth.
I could get down with that idea, its a nice way to implement bounce in place but all in one track (keeping the original synth).

Sometimes i hate the fact that bounce in place creates another track, i would definitely be down to have a freeze track all contained in one thing.
So you then have synths bounced to audio & can cut up and use & more importantly MOVE AROUND which you cant do with the current freeze track.
& also still have the synth data contained within that freeze track, so if you want to go back to make some changes, you always can.

+1

Yes potentially that would have to be adapted as well, which would actually be kind of cool. This might be in general, a bit of a track version rethink which would require some new protocols.

With VSTi’s it would essentially freeze and render the audio to a track version, but there would need to be some sort of protocol to flip between TrackVerion mode and real-time mode.

It would speed things up, whether or not it could create confusion in a project/workflow I’m not sure.