When two audio channels are linked, with the Inserts option enabled in Link Group Settings, freezing either track causes inserted effects in the other channel to be bypassed without warning. Bypassed inserts can be manually re-enabled. However, if this goes unnoticed, as when freezing several tracks consecutively, it can throw off a mix, which can be difficult to troubleshoot, especially when the track is frozen. Unfreezing either or both tracks does not un-bypass the inserts.
To duplicate the problem:
- Launch a new Cubase project and add two audio channels - “Guitar Left” and “Guitar Right”
- Select and link the channels, making sure to enable the Inserts option in the list of Link Group Settings
- Add one or more inserts to both channels
- Freeze the first channel, “Guitar Left”
- When the Freeze operation completes, note that the inserts in the second channel, “Guitar Right,” are now bypassed without warning
I hope this is helpful.
Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Cubase 11 Pro Version 11.0.10 Build 321 - Built on Jan 13 2021
Intel Core i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3300 MHz, 6 cores, 12 logical…