French horn ordering when condensing scores

Quick question on staff labeling:

I’d like to have my condensed horns shown as ‘1.3 a2’ on top, and ‘2.4 a2’ at the bottom of the horn staff.

The only way I seem to be able to have Dorico condense the notes properly, is if I change the horn order to 1, 3, 2, 4. Of course, then the staff label reads: ‘French Horn in F 1.3.2.4.’

Is there any way to achieve the desired outcome? Thanks!

You should be able to achieve this by changing the condensing groups in Layout Options - by putting 1&3 in one group and 2&4 in another (happily this is even the example given!).

Ahh, brilliant – thank you, Lillie!

![Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 10.54.45|690x431](upload://f0lW9Vs73JqQneKvjxliMgnKrfh.jpeg

That’s what I get when I try to condense 1,3 ; 2,4 and it kicks me out of Dorico instantly.

Does anybody have any suggestion on how to fix that?

I’m sorry, I can’t see your picture… You probably should try and read/write more on the forum to climb up the discourse ladder of privileges :person_shrugging:

@Alex_Atanassov , welcome to the forum.

Here is information on the forum software’s “trust levels” required to post.

And (as mentioned in the sticky post “Four Simple Guidelines To Help Us Help You”) sending a (cut-down) Dorico file illustrating the problem is far more helpful than a picture, especially when condensing is involved.

If you’re encountering a crash, Alex, it would also be helpful if you could do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and attach the resulting zip file here.