Frequency EQ is Freqin' Fantastic!

Actually you can see that on the main screen as each frequency chosen has a different colour and the frequency, gain and Q can be seen very clearly in the graphical representation which actually makes a great deal of sense to me.

this! can’t leave Q2 for that alone.

Comparing to the proQ lin- phase is independent for each single band while pro Q is for all band at ones also same thing with Mid/sid and stereo. Big achievement to steinberg to have it in our list of plugins.

ProQ2 has a tilt function. That alone, sets it apart from Freq. for me.

+1. Previously I had to use a DDMF to get linear vs. non-linear for independent bands, and even that didn’t have M/S. Great tool!

Exactly!

OK, here’s a question: do any of you guys get the impression this FREQUENCY plugin sucks more than its fair share of computer performance?

I’m getting a lot of crackles and other behavior consistent with overloading the computer, after adding a bunch of these plugs. Turning them off linear phase mode didn’t make things better, but powering some off did. Of course, they may just be innocent bystander, being the last ones added to a project that may have too many plugs already. So just checking to see if you guys think that may be the case.

Thanks -

I don’t feel it asks for more than compareable plugs

This is a lot better than pulling up Ozone or Cambridge EQs, but I 100& agree, this would be nice as the channel strip EQ - as a user option. I would not want to force users to have Frequency automatically the default EQ.

yeah, it’s a bit big to put on a channel, the channel EQ works because you can work it from the mixer and zoom in.
not sure how this could work from the mixer? implementation would not differ from just putting it in an insert?

You should at least be able to see the curve in the EQ overview in the MixConsole.

Changing between the two EQs could work like changing the Panner type. An arrow appears that lets you to make the choice. There can be a global default in Preferences.

I understand changing, but the GUI itself is way to big to make sense in an ergonomic way on that position in the mixer. Which means you will probably end up with a pop up button, which doesn’t really add any value over having it in an insert. Don’t get me wrong, i like the idea but don’t see how this could work ergonomically / gui wise in a way that makes sense.

+1

You’re absolutely right! and that’s the point…

But you’d not be burning up a precious insert slot - that’s the point.
A non-editable graphical representation of the current FrequencyEQ curve with a pop up when double clicked would be fine.

So, the real reason is saving an insert slot?

Be aware that we do nut go into debatting more inserts :wink:

You don’t agree that it would be nice to see the curve in the EQ overview at the top of the mixer?

Yes, but there are 5 curves instead of 1, not sure how this would work ?

It could be visualized in the “Equalizer curve” view.

That’s whay to small for 5 curves imho.