Ok, I have a situation here where I’m pretty sure, the attack and release knobs are the wrong way around.
- try to put a short sample - maybe drum kick or snare or something - on a track.
- give it a Frequency Plugin, either in F7 processes or into F3 inserts.
- now pick a band, pull the gain way up and place it in a freq where you can hear it.
- put the band in dynamic mode and hit the little triangle to switch over to dynamic controls
- pick the lowest attack and release
- now start playback and move the threshold down so it just catches some signal
-> you should see your curve flicker up for a short moment
- turn up your attack now
-> curve should be up longer
- turn down attack again and turn up release
-> curve doesnt go up as much anymore
- play around with both and be confused
Maybe something isn’t working as I expect it to, so perhaps I missed a point. Is this technically correct?
I’ll once again try some more playing around if this is a one time thing or happens all the time.
Anyone experiencing something similar? I’m also a bit confused, because usually there’s a lot of people complaining about bugs like this but I couldn’t find anything about it? (But maybe I just didn’t see it, so please forgive me for posting duplicates).
Any kind of enlightenment very welcome
Thanks in advance and best regards
Oh, I keep forgetting this: I’m on windows 10, Cubase Pro 11. No third party plugins involved in this one, just Cubases Frequency.