Frequent Crashes, not sure what is happening

Is the problem fixed for you?

I have the same problem on Cubase Artist 10.0.20 / Win10
PC an all software have been reinstalled.
Problem seems to be more frequent after upgrade to 10.0.20.
No error codes to investigate.

Nope, still waiting for email from Steinberg, for the moment I have been using Cubase 9.5, as long as you have license for a higher version, it will work, at least thatā€™s how I think it works.

I hope they fix it on next maintenance update, I have been checking the website everyday.

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-23172.

Thanks so much, I really miss using version 10 especially the new added improvements, but this issue is unfortunate, I canā€™t risk my projects with specific deadlines. Thanks again.

Same here. Closes without warning. After restart it doesnt show up in the startup recent projects. And cubase asks to open a older project that has been closed. But it doesnt open the right project. Which is weird, because it saves the project. So I searched for it in my documents and it does show up, and loads without any problem, for now.

Hi,

Fix of this should be in the next update.

wow, thatā€™s great to hear, thank you!

Hello, I am now using Cubase 9.5 because 10.0.30 update is still crashing randomly,
but itā€™s good that the project auto saves so I can open in 9.5 to continue editing.

Although it remains open longer now, the recent crash had to do while I was moving
audio events or moving volume automation events, I canā€™t remember.

I hope Steinberg is working on next update?
Thanks

Same here, Cubase Pro 10.0.30, Windows 10.
According to my observations there is 2 types of events:

1. A lot of messages with ā€œā€¦try to save your project under another nameā€¦ā€, and
  2. No messages at all.
    In first case there is a dump file (see attachments), in second there is just a EMPTY file with proper name, for example ā€œCubase 10.0.30.236 64bit 2019.8.1 19.44.47.485.dmpā€.

In my case crashes occur just when tracks PLAY.
Cubase 10.0.30.236 64bit 2019.7.30 23.53.40.752.dmp (931 KB)

Mine is also crashing, even when itā€™s just open and doing nothing, not playing, and it was the same with previous versions 8 - 9 - 9.5 - 10

Here also the problem. When doing a simple manipulation like cutting.
there is progress in using the latest version of the USB dongle ?

Hi,

In this case, I would say itā€™s some kind of system issue. Maybe a new Windows installation would be a good idea in this case.

Hi,

Make sure your plug-ins are up to date, please.

Could you attach a few crash dump files located in the Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps folder, please?

Yes, Steinberg is always working on an updates until release a new version. And even after, there is always one last update released.

Hi,

This crash is in Groove Agent SE. Make sure you have the latest update installed, please and make sure Groove Agent is installed properly. Install from the unzipped folder and install as administrator, please.

I use Groove Agent instead of GA SE, but anyway Iā€™ll give a try. Thanks, Martin!

Same here -Windows 10, Cubase 10.0.30, randomly the program just shuts off - doesnā€™t freeze - no message, just shuts off. Iā€™ve noticed that if I touch nothing and just let my recording play it doesnā€™t shut off. It always seems to be when I take some kind of action - scrolling, faders or even just trying to save.

I am using windows 10 please help me out
PFA crash report
Cubase 10.0.30.236 64bit 2019.8.22 10.27.00.562.dmp (848 KB)

Hi and welcome,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-24655.

I have checked both: Groove Agent version is 4.2.40 (actual for version 4) and Groove Agent SE version is 5.0.10 (I am not sure if itā€™s actual version, but there is no way to update SE alone - last version on Steinberg site is 4.2.40). Therefore, I have still the same problem.