From 7.5 to Pro 8 - Pro 8 will not open, immediate crash

Okay, so I decided to update my Cubase 7.5 to Cubase Pro 8 as soon as the installation was complete I updated my eLicenser everything went as planned, I also updated the website eLicenser. I restarted my system and tried to open Cubase Pro 8 for the first time but after a about 1 min Cubase Pro 8 crashed. Cubase Pro 8 will not work. I’ve already tried uninstalling and reinstalling but my issue remains.

If anyone can give me some advice on what could I do to resolve this issue I would greatly appreciate it.
(Cubase 7.5 works with no issues)

TyreeLive

OS X Yosemite
iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010)
HP 2311 (23 inch both at 1920x 1080)
3.06 GHz Intel Core i3
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

I’ve tried launching at 32 bits, thinking that might help but NO GOOD! still will not launch Cubase Pro 8.

Here are my system specs.

OS X Yosemite
iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010)
HP 2311 (23 inch both at 1920x 1080)
3.06 GHz Intel Core i3
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB

Try renaming your library>audio>plugin>VST folder. I renamed my car. Start Cubase. This will load only the VST3 plugins and it should work. Quit Cubase and rename the folder back to VST. Start Cubase.

Cubase 8 gets brain dead and will stop reading the plugin folder. This will force a reread. It will either work or you have a bad VST a the 8 does not like. Since you can no longer see the plugins loading then it is up to you to figure out which one or ones are crashing it. Good luck, I have been working on it for days and have not found them yet.

Great feature, huh?

It should be noted that if you get to the point where it does not crash right away make sure you terminate the program after an hour or it will crash the entire system.

Use 7.5 to intilize the plugins. Remove any that cause problems with 7.5. Version 7.5 still displays the plugin names while checking them. It would be nice if version 8 did this. I still don’t have 8 running with any VST plugins but I think I am getting close. I started with over 17gigs of plugins so the task has not been easy or fun.

Hopefully Steinberg will release an update that takes care of these bugs, as it would be really nice to actually use VST plugins with the program. :mrgreen: