Fx not appearing in sends window.

Hi,

I’m using Cubase 7.06 and facing an unusual issue. When I add an fx channel, it opens the plug-in but it does not appear in the sends or inserts column on the audio tracks. Even when I try to open the fx from the e button, the plug-in doesnt open but instead the channel window opens.

This is a new issue as I was using it earlier and it all worked fine.

Can someone please help.Thanks in advance.

1.When create a new fx channel it create a new channel in the mix console in purple. so You can’t see it in the insert

2.When you create a new fx channel, you can see it in the fx channell folder in the arrange page and you see it’s name Fx1, fx2…with the name of the plug.:it’s normal that you don’t see directly it in the Sends: you must select first the bus in it…

I don’t think it’s a good idea to post in the issue part, this kind of request. Post it in the general for knowledge of program
best regards

Hi Dup,

Thanks for your response. Let me explain again, when I add the fx channel, it does appear in the mix console in purple. However when I press the e button to check the fx again, it doesn’t open but instead the channel editor opens again.

Also when I go to the audio channel from where I want to send the audio signal to the effect, when I click on the sends column, the effect doesn’t appear there for selection.

The fx channel editor indicates the output to be the main output but does not show any input and reads as “no source”.

Pls help to correct me. Thanks in advance.

sanjay m.

Let me explain again, when I add the fx channel, it does appear in the mix console in purple.

Perhaps you have filtered “Fx channels” in mix console Configurations

However when I press the e button to check the fx again, it doesn’t open but instead the channel editor opens again.

normal Fx channel editor is a channel with inside an fx . fx channel is a bus like analogic mixer

Also when I go to the audio channel from where I want to send the audio signal to the effect, when I click on the sends column, the effect doesn’t appear there for selectio

Normal:at first it’s written "No bus"and you must select you Fx channel

The fx channel editor indicates the output to be the main output but does not show any input and reads as “no source”.

Don’t undesrtand : fx channel editor doesn’t exist ( put “fx channel editor” in the operation mnual it find nothing)
Do you mean : channel editor (bus) with inside a fx ( so it’s in purple in mix console) and under routing it’s normal to see Main out as output by default and nothing as input
It is writen ( it’s normal ) in channel settings : No source because you don’t send it anything like in analogic mixer if you don’t put a cable (jack) between a channel or the mixer and a hardware/fx if you open the page of the hardware/fx under input it write no cable or no input

What I suggest you is to open an old project with fx channel ( you say that before it work) and see what you do wrong
best regards
dup