Gain Plugin plz

I don’t want a 3rd party vst for this… I explained at the top, but I used BlueCat’s Gain and then suddenly it doesn’t work anymore… I had to download the new version and the new version doesn’t support automation of the gain. And even if it did, there’s no guarantee that it will work in cubase in the future. Right now, I have a bunch of projects that are missing the gain plugin, and it doesn’t even show that it’s there and not loading; it’s completely disappeared, and I have no idea how much gain I put on what tracks or what kind of automation I had on the volume at certain spots too… it’s very annoying.

Yeah to that! Just a simple automatable Steinberg volume knob people can place anywhere they see fit. It’s not rocket surgery.

1 Like

I also lacked the gain in Cubase, so I developed my own vst3 plugin (while WIN only). In contrast to the “Gain” example in the VST3 SDK, I included support the sample accurate automation of parameters and I aded parameters “Pan”, “Width”. I have not officially released it anywhere. Whoever really needs it, I can share it. Even more, I can share the code with Steinberg’s developers to include it to Cubase stock plugins. Although IMHO for Steinberg developers to create such a plugin will not take a lot of time and labor.

1 Like

There is also GainMatch by LetiMix, which is what I use for these purposes. Yes, it is a third party plugin. However, it makes much more than a simple volume knob. It’s a very handy tool to compare the before and after of any processing you do in your chain, or also as an auto-leveling processor.

I’m currently using mvmeter 2 or Blue Cat for gain staging, but it would be nice to have something simple like like this with gain (and a meter) that was included along with Cubase.

Honestly - try MixConvert V6 in the Spacial and panning folder. Does exactly this

My own vst3 Gain plugin.

2 Likes

This looks great! It has everything I was looking for in a gain plugin. I’ve been using MixConvert after seeing it recommended in this thread, but it would be nice to have panning and width controls like in your plugin. Do you have a download link for it?

Hi! Mkok that’s what he meant:
http://indierecordingdepot.com/t/gain-staging/897
You can automate gain slider. Left on the pictures, but is the global input gain of channel of course.

stgain.zip (846.6 KB)
While only for"Win64" and without the manual.
Peculiarities:

• All parameters except the parameter for smoothing automation lines support the sample accurate automation.
  • Host context menu support.
  • Only for stereo channels