On my Nuendo quest I’ve hit a block that I’m trying to wrap my head around.
I’ve searched the forums, and I currently have the manual open…
Show event volume curves
The gain line is at the top of the event… Is there any way to display it center on the event? It’s impossible to get a visual on how cranked up it can be since it starts at the top. Or, is there a way to change what the top level is so 0db rests towards the middle/bottom?
Mostly in the sense of dialogue… (I don’t think it’s necessary to get into how PT handles “clip” based gain.)
There are four options.
- Lower or raise the event Volume curve “gain line” (mentioned above).
- Use Pencil to write into event.
- Audio Process (offline) event volume envelope
- Using an automation lane and making sure Automation follows event is turned on.
- Of course coming from PT, I’m used to just making a range selection and dragging down the gain line, but this can only be done this way from the volume automation lane unless you split the event in two parts and drag down the gain line… and then glue them back together again.
- You can’t do this via the drawing tool for obvious reasons.
- When doing this on the automation lane, you have to grab from the TOP of the range selection and not the actual line, which is quite annoying.
You also risk loosing it if for some reason you have to turn off automation follows event.
Any preferred method out there for gain staging? Anyone using macros for splitting and gluing?
I’m not trying to force PT into Nuendo, just trying to learn what the fastest and usual route is that people take.
The event volume curve at the top of the event though… Is killing me. lol