I’ve been using Nuendo with Perforce for over a year now and the Perforce integration is still a bit of a mystery to me. Maybe someone else had a similar problem and can help me out?
This is what’s happening:
- Game Audio Connect is set up, activated and Perforce is shown as “active”
- The project is saved in a folder inside the Perforce depot
- “Save in Perforce” is used to submit the project to the Perforce depot
Now, when I open the project again, it sometimes asks me if the project should be opened in a Perforce checklist… and sometimes it doesn’t. In the latter case, I can’t save it (because it’s set to read-only) and have to check it out via P4V manually.
The weird thing is: If that happens, it seems to happen to all Nuendo projects managed by Perforce. None of them are recognized as Perforce-projects in Nuendo. And then, suddenly (same day, same machine), it works again and projects that I have opened before (but not modified or saved) are managed by Game Audio Connect / Perforce.
Stuff I tried
- Restart Nuendo
- Deactivate Game Audio Connect
- Change Perforce Settings in Game Audio Connect back and forth
- Run Nuendo with P4V active
- Run Nuendo without P4V
- Connect to a different Perforce workspace in P4V