Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver not finding Realtek Audio

Hello,

As the title implies, I’m trying to run the generic ASIO driver with the standard realtek audio output, but it no longer even appears within the control panel of the ASIO driver (instead replaced by a virtual soundboard and routing programs, NEITHER of which are turned on anyway). Upon bootup, it mentions missing ports for the realtek audio, but in the control panel it just defaults to this and there’s no way to even add the realtek audio back.

I’m running windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Nvidia RTX 2070 with 64 GB of RAM if that info is needed.

Hi,

If you want to change a driver, go to the Studio > Studio Setup > VST Audio System, please.

I don’t have any other usable ASIO drivers without hooking up my music production mixer (which is tedious and not the solution I’m looking for, plus I was already in that menu). I’m trying to make the Generic driver work like it was a few days ago.

So, an update. I did the scientific method and discovered that the Speakers (Realtek audio) option for output will only appear if I set “allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” and “Give exclusive mode applications priority” for that output in the sound dialog of the windows control panel AND check “Allow ASIO host applications to take exclusive control of selected port configuration” in the VST Audio System control panel for the Generic low latency ASIO driver.

So, basically it wont function unless it has complete control over the speakers, which is exactly the problem I had in the beginning. Is there a fix that will allow Cubase to not be so restrictive?

1 Like

For the Second time, try ASIO4ALL. It will work with your RealTek. The only thing restricted here is your use of the Realtek driver. I use it on my PC when messing with Reaper, StudioOne, Cubase Elements.

Your RealTek Card is NOT a proper DAW card BTW, it will never be

You can buy a $50 Audio Interface these days

PLUS, its FREE!!!

Hi,

Totally agree.

I’ve used ASIO4All in the past to some success, frankly I just forgot it existed when I moved to this new computer. Will try it again. As for an Audio interface, I have a Scarlett2i2 and a Antelope Zen Studio+ so that’s not an issue, but my music production PC is also my gaming PC so I didn’t want to have to spend 15 minutes transferring everything between stations.

4 posts were split to a new topic: DAW doesn´t recognize Allen & Heath ZED 12FX