Generic Low Latency ASIO driver not working

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me. I am running Cubase 5. I record all my guitar and vocal tracks through an M-Audio Profire 610 into my Windows PC via the old-school firewire. For the past year and a half, I have been using the the “Generic low latency ASIO driver” as the input (linked to the M-Audio Profire 610), and “Speakers” as output. See attached pictures for reference. I have had no issues till now and have produced many songs like this.

However, since yesterday… Nada. Just stopped working. I have no idea why and no idea what I did. Since then, I have tried troubleshooting this and changed like a million settings. I’m starting to think that I’ve screwed it up even more by doing this (??).

I’ve tried different inputs as well (ASIO4ALL v2, ASIO directX full duplex driver & M-Audio PROFIRE ASIO). Same result - nothing works. Let me break it down…

Generic Low Latency ASIO driver: No output or input working.
ASIO4ALL v2: No output or input working.
ASIO directX full duplex driver: No ouput. Input works horribly (lots of delay and very crackly).
M-Audio PROFIRE ASIO: Visually, I can see almost perfect input (when I say visually, I mean I can see the levels changing perfectly as I strum). However, no output whatsoever.

By the way… I have tried using FL Studio to see if I can get it working there… And I get the same result (not that I’m a pro at FL Studio).

So yea, that’s the issue that I’m having. It’s incredibly frustrating! Does anybody perhaps have an idea what is going on and know of a way for me to troubleshoot/fix the issue?

I would really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Craig

Was anything updated that would be associated with this situation? Maybe a computer FireWire driver was auto updated? Btw… what computer are you using?

Post some screenshots of what is listed as the input and output busses in the VST Connections menu. You need to make sure your tracks are still set up to use these input and output busses.

After that then it is a matter of having your speakers properly connected to whatever outputs are set to be the stereo out bus. And… of course, nothing is muted and volume settings are set correctly at the Cubase mixer and on the audio interface itself.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Have you tried using the drivers that was made for your interface?

Hey! Thanks so much for the response :slight_smile: To the best of my knowledge, nothing was updated (auto or otherwise).

My computer is an i-5 with a 3.20 GHz CPU. 8 gigs ram. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit operating system. And then graphics card and all that Jazz.

I have attached screenshots as requested.
These include:

1. The message I get on startup with “missing ports” (this has always been here though. I usually just fill it out quickly)
  2. Screenshot of Device Setup. You can see that it only lists the output. No inputs.
  3. The control panel box within the device setup. Again, you can see no inputs listed. Side note: if I uncheck the little box that says “Allow ASIO host application to take exclusive control…”, then my M-Audio Profire 610 shows up at inputs. Problem is… When that happens, the “speakers” option disappears under outputs and I get my interface listed in both inputs and outputs. I don’t want it listed as outputs as well. I’ve never had it like that before (I think?). I specifically want the interface as inputs and the speakers as outputs. Or is this not possible? I swear that’s how I’ve always had it - hence the point of this thread.
  4. VST input screenshot. Which as you can see… it says that the interface is missing.
  5. VST output screenshot. Showing my speakers (as I want it to be doing).

I have checked to see that I have the latest drivers installed for my interface, which I do. I have also checked to make sure that nothing is muted on the interface / PC / Cubase etc. Everything seems fine as well.

I hope my descriptions aren’t too vague. Please do shout if you’d like me to take more screenshots etc.

Thanks so much for the help!
Startup.jpg

I would try to install and use the driver specifically made for the Profire 610. Install it and assign it in the VST Audio System menu. Then in the VST Connections (input and output tabs) menu assign the mono input bus(es) (most typically on the front of the interface, and the main stereo out bus which would be the connections to your speakers (most typically on the rear of the interface).

Regards. :sunglasses:

I have the same problem with you@@