Getting Cubasis 2 to follow tempo changes

Hello, this is my first post and I’m very happy to be here. Hopefully I’ll learn much better ways to do things.

I’ve been recording all my MIDI sequences into Cubasis and things have been going well. But I have a number of songs that have tempo decreases in the last bar or two (think of any ballad, a la ‘Behind Closed Doors’). Since, in their wisdom, Steinberg only included the ability to send MIDI clock but not receive, the tempo I set on Cubasis before each recording is the tempo I get throughout the song.

I then tried importing a sequence, setting all the MIDI outputs, etc. But Cubasis isn’t recognizing the tempo command at the beginning of each sequence, and it doesn’t seem to be recognizing the Program Change commands in the first bar of every track. Does Cubasis strip these commands? If so, how do I turn that off?

Thanks. I’ll stop here for now. :wink:

I should probably include this:

iPad Pro 12.9 2nd Gen running Cubasis 2
Desktop sequencer playing the MIDI sequences, slaved to Cubasis MIDI Clock
MOTU UltraLite AVB Audio/MIDI interface receiving the audio input from my synth and sending the USB output to the Ipad

Hi @DCinFlorida,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum!

As of yet, Cubasis does not support tempo / signature changes in a project.

To find out more about what features are included in Cubasis, please visit our Cubasis Comparison Page.

The list of supported MIDI CC parameters can be found in the KeyEditor chapter of the in-app help. Please follow this link, to see the chapter in the additional Cubasis online help version:

https://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubasis/Cubasis_3_Web_Help/ED_MIDI.html

Hope that helps!

Best wishes
Lars

I’m thankful that someone replied, but it doesn’t answer the question of why my embedded Program Changes aren’t being transmitted by Cubasis. All I’m doing is importing a SMF that I’ve been using for years. The PC messages are definitely in the sequences, in the first bar of the song, for each track.

Also, when I open a track in Piano Roll mode, why does the pull-down menu to the bottom left have asterisks next to Velocity, Program Change, CC 64 Sustain, and CC 0 Bank Select, but not others, like Pitch Bend or Aftertouch? What do those asterisks signify?

Wow. Asked 18 days ago, still no reply. Is this just a dead forum with no one from Steinberg offering solutions or even simple answers?

Hi @DCinFlorida,

Thanks for your message.

Please upload the project via Dropbox or similar and provide me with the download link via private message.

Once received, we will take a look at the project and included MIDI CCs.

Best,
Lars