Getting sick of baseless threads attacking Steinberg

Yours doesn’t !?

If you´re refering to me about creating that “bloat thread”, then let me elaborate:

Cubase is a sequencer. Soft synths are soft synths. These should be separate products. They should make their soft synths like everybody else, an independent products. Just like they did with the Portico plugins.

Soft synths aren´t “basic tools”. Cubase has already had all the basic tools and thensome for a long time. New features and improving the software is great, but including soft synths and amp racks which should be separate products and forcing us to pay for them is really annoying.

It´s really annoying to pay for something I don´t want. But hey, this is just me voicing my opinion. I understand others have a different opinion, but they are wrong! :laughing:

Totally agree. But they do have to wade through tons of “I want…” teenage BS.
I notice the worst offenders are refreshingly absent from this one.
They’ll no doubt start another thread accusing us of being awfully personal.

Ah! Just spotted.

It´s really annoying to pay for something I don´t want. But hey, this is just me voicing my opinion. I understand others have a different opinion, but they are wrong

I would like a leopard skin steering wheel on my car but I’m forced to buy that plasticky thing. :mrgreen:
Where in the world DON’T you pay for something you don’t want? Especially the boxes which probably cost as much as the software.
Well you might get away with it in a brothel. :mrgreen:

You got something against teenagers Connman?! :laughing:

Not all teenagers are that young. :smiley:

Aloha guys,
I agree with most posts in this thread and IMHO
the Cubase forum is (getting) much better than it was 1-2 years ago.

Example; this thread.
{‘-’}

BTW
Cubase itself is also getting better as well.
For a majority of the time it is a pleasure with which to work.

Wish I could say the same for my wifecarkidsbank acct etc etc etc :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You seem to miss the point about the tools you’re working with. Soft synths and sequencers are no longer seperate to a manufacturer that wants to stay in business by being competitive. A recording product without sound making tools is incomplete these days. I don’t want to see Steiny fall by the wayside because they listen to the out of touch user who only wants a pure sequencer. I want amp racks .soft synths and all the products I can get. I also own all Spectrasonics synths and Komplete plus 13 hardware synths. Don’t get your point of view but strongly suggest you speak for yourself.

"I understand others have a different opinion, but they are wrong! "

At least you seem to have a sense of humour. I don’t want to go overboard but I strongly react(overreact) to constant negativity

I agree with you there actually. I consider “bloat” very subjective, like “beauty”. One man’s bloat is another man’s necessary function. It’s just a phrase that people (most who’ve never written a line of code in their lives) have latched onto.

So yeah, we agree on that. It’s not a correct context for a 15-20 year old application with continuing market pressures. They can’t just toss the code base and start over and make it like Reaper or something. At the moment most of the big boys have the same issue, large user bases which don’t allow a redo. They all end up there eventually.

Then why don´t Steinberg include the Portico plugins in Cubase? Because they are so great and expensive quality tools? And then nobody would not be able to buy Cubase? But instead they want to include lots of cheap sub quality tools and force us to pay for them?

I´d rather pay for few expensive quality tools than bunch cheap sub quality 10$ soft synths, amp racks and whatnots. I don´t know what´s bloat to you, but that´s bloat to me.

Please Steinberg, just make these cheap sub quality soft synths as a separate paid add-on packs and everybody will be happy!

As long as we never get a Virtual Sound Engineer assistant, otherwise you could always get Nuendo and not buy the expansion packs!

Shhh that’s in the up and coming 6.5.1 update . Free to 6.5 users of course :laughing:

Q. Who would want to come to the lounge and post nonsense attacking the OP who attacks those attacking steinberg over attacks from others…

A. Me.

I don’t know if you’re from an animation or otherwise cartoon but remember you are taking on a higly skilled Padawan (not youngling) and it won’t be long until someone from the Jedi order intervenes, ie MOD or Site Admin and a nice round of bannings, cryogenics and guesting begins!

Speaking of Mod intervention…Did anyone notice that the 6.5.x thread was locked? I wonder why that was? :unamused:

Threads are being locked/deleted at a rate never seen before.

Whether this is due to feelings of disenfranchisement or OT posts is anyones’ guess but my money is on the latter and though it may not be in the minds of anyone just now, considering that access is normally restricted to those with hardware licenses, it may not be too far from imagination that the lounge could in fact be shut down.

I can understand why that got locked, going by the last few replies in there :sunglasses:

And still they come. Telling us what a DAW should include these days. A DAW includes what the maker wants it to include. Then it lists them in their sales bumf and WE make up our minds to buy or not.
AND they tell us that it’s FORCED upon us.

Who’s WE? I used to use Reaper. Then I stopped using it. It didn’t force me to upgrade.
Bet these guys think nothing of buying a $30000 car (every 5 years) to go SAVE money at the mall. :mrgreen:

Add up what Cubase costs per week. You’ll find they’re FORCING everybody to shell out a buck or two. Tough. They done you out of a packet of cookies. :mrgreen:

Let’s have a potted history lesson. Cubase started out as a poor (read musician / composer) man’s recording medium plus basic score package. Poor musicians could take advantage of the equivalent of tens of thousands of quids worth of studio time. Then real studios started using it in their demo suites thus generating a market (not a “need”) in synths and FX.
Now we have the present day. Real studios are still equipped with very substantial hardware but generally include a DAW which have mostly superceded tape and other recording media.
The thing about REAL studios is that generally they like things simple and why Cubase is not the top seller is because it is very complex (Nuendo may be up there, I really must look at it) and engineers, having done 5 years or more of very complex studying, generally favour simplicity of function for mechanical reasons ie: Less to go wrong.

However, here we seem to see “users” of Cubase who just seem to love overloading their lives with every bell and whistle going and so every time their computer throws a wobbly it “must be Cubase” “because I just updated it and…” so on ignoring the invisible W7 update that wednesday and the new double-orchestra set of six CDs they updated Cubase to use. :mrgreen:

Cubase is still a studio. It does all the things a studio does. But. It is not a laboratory where you can experiment without yourself having TONS of experience using sonic tools. If you go into a laboratory and mess with the chemicals without any knowledge of what they do then somewhere, something will go BOOM!
Which is what mostly happens when “Cubase” (never ourselves) crashes your computer. :mrgreen:

The only reason I come around here is to be entertained.

That might just sometimes entail a bit of gentle lampooning of Our Gracious Hosts, or fellow members, Very gently, and never deliberately malicious.

I don’t think my tone or style has changed particularly in the 10 years or so I’ve been hanging out here :slight_smile:

By the way, can someone tell me how to convert MIDI to Audio? :slight_smile:

Sure! First before we begin, can you describe a MIDI?

It’s somewhere between a MINI and a MAXI I believe. :slight_smile: