Getting transport to only play selected event and then stop playback?

I can’t find info on this in the manual. I would like to select an event, in this case a midi event, in the project window and then have cubase play that clip from it’s beginning to it’s end and stop playback. Is this possible?

I’d like to do this without cycle markers or range selection — So just select the clip and then have Cubase play that clip and stop playback.

Thanks!

Key Command Macros may be your best friend for this:

Maybe something like this?

1 Like

The function is already built-in into Cubase. It is called “Play Selection Range”.
grafik

I think I never changed the key command, so Alt+Space might be the default.

Oh, wait. It plays back all the tracks in the selected time span. So you might have to create a macro where the selected track first is solo’d, then played back. However, then you need to revert the solo afterwards. Hmmm… not as smooth as I hoped.

1 Like

Thanks, Johnny. It seems like I used to be able to do this, but I can’t remember how I set it up.

And I should have been clearer: I don’t mind if all tracks play (vertically what’s above and below the selected clip), but I want Cubase transport to play only for the length of the event (clip) I’ve highlighted and then stop play (or rewind cursor to the beginning of the clip, but that’s a different thing).

I was sure I set this up without using cycles or range in the past. At least, I think I’m sure.

Maybe you just deleted the key command. In the Key Command dialog it is in the Transport section. Just re-assign it.

Can’t believe I overlooked that :man_facepalming: - thanks for the correction!

1 Like

Doh! Me too. Thanks, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny (get the reference? maybe? could be to vague :slightly_smiling_face:).

M.

1 Like