Ghost Channels in editors

Having the exact same issue. There should be a double click to change active part feature instead of a single click. This way it wouldn’t happen by accident.

1 Like

+1
This would be a good way to maintain the functionality/flexibility, but make it more user friendly.

Yes, this is a request I made looooong ago and the replies I got were ‘What?’ I believe that most DAW users have been -way- behind the times in terms of UI and thus quite dismissive of good UI advancement. IOW, it’s been far too easy to please DAW users. I’m glad to see that many people are now more familiar with the UI possibilities in other programs.

For example… In Photoshop and InDesign you can -slide- layers around. I would LOVE to be able to select several MIDI events, open the Key Editor and then not only edit each ‘layer’ independently

BUT ALSO MANIPULATE EACH LAYER INSIDE THE KEY EDITOR. IOW:

1. Be able to copy/clone events INSIDE the key editor
  2. Slide entire events around INSIDE the key editor
  3. Change the colour of all events outside the active layer to some neutral colour (like brown)–so I can easily see which notes are actively being edited.

Basically, I want to be able to stay inside the Key Editor all day if needed… no back and forth… which is what I have been doing for 15 years. It’s gotten -real- old.