Gibson guitars again

http://12160.info/profiles/blogs/feds-threaten-to-raid-summer-concerts-to-seize-guitars?xg_source=activity :imp: :imp: :imp:

Sounds like they need to get their priorities straight. No kidding?

And this is why I’m never taking my Les Paul to the States.

Thing is, I distinctly remember that after the 2011 raid the government said that they weren’t going to go after artists.

And it’s been almost a year since the last raid and still no charges laid? Only allegations?

Maybe they’re going to sell them on e-bay to raise money. :laughing:

Indeed it should.

However the Lacey Act (what the guitars were alleged to be in violation of) goes beyond that.
It essentially allows the US government to interpret foreign laws and enforce them.
It’s something like “imported in accordance with all rules and regulations” and then in practice it’s “imported in accordance with the US government’s interpretation of all rules and regulations”.

The last raid was about (according to Gibson) semi-finished fingerboards imported from India and then finished in the US. According to the US government, that is a violation of Indian law that says that only the finished product may be exported. However, (according to Gibson) they were exported through the proper channels.

Ie. Indian government interpreted their own law one way, US government interprets it another way.
And the US government can enforce their own interpretation.

I have seen some rare wood branches carved into pleasurable things lol

I don’t know much about politics in the USA (or anywhere else!) but I read an interesting conspiracy theory that the Gibson Guitar company support the Republican party - Obama doesn’t like that! Some other guitar makers use exactly the same timbers but are not persecuted in this way, perhaps these companies either don’t support the “enemy” or contribute to the Democrats?

If some companies are not affected by the Lacie law because their guitars are made abroad, that stinks. In other words Gibson are being penalised for providing employment to Americans while other companies get their guitars made abroad using cheap labour and can’t be prosecuted under the Lacie law. Isn’t that a little un-American? :question: :question:

Don’t know if there’s anything behind this. There is no news article in there. This is an opinion blogger citing nothing at all – no news report or conversation or anything that indicates the US govt is considering going on stage to take Cheryl Crow’s guitar. I looked for news articles related to this, but all I found were news articles related to the incident last summer.

Could be something there, but suggest you don’t immediately believe anything you read on the internet!

Early21

but suggest you don’t immediately believe anything you read on the internet!

That’s very wise Early21, thanks for sharing. :unamused:

Yeah, just thought of that piece of advice all by myself!!!
Actually, I could imagine them going on stage to get hold of Ted Nugent, but that would be to take the gun out of his hand, not his guitar!

I was reading the original link looking like this > :astonished:
Then I read the comments below and looked like this > :open_mouth:
Now I look like this > :astonished: + :open_mouth:
Kinda like, "sorry, wrong planet! Can you please let me go home now?!
I can’t possibly belong to this race, can I? " :confused: :unamused: :frowning:

HI

Kinda like, "sorry, wrong planet! Can you please let me go home now?!

Your mothership is on its way just make shure your raise your personal frequency otherwhise compatibility problems could occour. :smiley:

Greetz Bassbase

You couldn’t seriously believe that Obama or his subordinates have the time to go after every company that supports Republicans; especially one as small as Gibson?? Thats pretty far fetched.

w o o o w ! I’m going home? :astonished: how do I raise my personal frequency?

TIA :sunglasses:

Spirit Whispers: Raising your personal frequency :laughing: :laughing:

MrM

You couldn’t seriously believe that Obama or his subordinates have the time to go after every company that supports Republicans; especially one as small as Gibson?? Thats pretty far fetched.

If you read my post again you will see that it’s not what “I” believe as I know nothing about American politics. Although Gibson is a small company, it’s very high profile and has much kudos, perfect for making an example of.

If you do some research MrM you will find conspiracy theorists (as I called them in my op) who maintain that Gibson is being persecuted for political reasons, not environmental ones. I’m just the messenger!

I have a question about this one, though?

Can I reamp my frequency with Amplitube or some other AmpSim?

If you believe it can then it will… :laughing: :laughing:

Sh!t! I guess I’m screwed then. There is no believing, either you know, or you don’t know, paraphrasing somebody I am.

They’ve found the time, and directed so much of OUR money, to their “friends” … does it really give pause to the notion they would lack time/resources to punish their enemies? Henry Juszkiewicz has been a very prominent and vocal opponent of the Obama Regime. Nobody suggested that Obama, or his czars, are going “after every company that supports Republicans”. Fact is, Gibson was singled out.

Obama’s stimulus money went to these firms; many of which have filed for bankruptcy:

Evergreen Solar

SpectraWatt

Solyndra (received $535 million)

Beacon Power (received $43 million)

AES’ subsidiary Eastern Energy

Nevada Geothermal (received $98.5 million)

SunPower (received $1.5 billion)

First Solar (received $3 billion)

Babcock & Brown (an Australian company which received $178 million)

Ener1 (subsidiary EnerDel received $118.5 million)

Amonix (received 5.9 million)

The National Renewable Energy Lab

Fisker Automotive

Abound Solar (received $400 million)

Chevy Volt (taxpayers basically own GM)

Solar Trust of America

A123 Systems (received $279 million)

Willard & Kelsey Solar Group (received $6 million)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2873612/posts

There is no spoon.

c’est ne pas une pipe