Glissando over long notes (in parenthesis)

Hi everyone,

Am I missing something, that is, is there a way to use a single glissando line over bars across whole notes, for e.g., in parenthesis, instead of inputing for each bar a new glissando line and hiding the gliss text on the subsequent ones? Plus, the downside of this way, which gives me the result I have on the foto attached, is that it is not aligned (yes, one could adjust it in engrave mode)

thank you!

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 18.15.24

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anything to stop you from using a single gliss. line to join the first and last notes (use Ctrl+click or Command-click to select the first and last notes to be joined by the gliss.) but the line will then pass through all of the other intervening notes, which will give you other problems to resolve.

1 Like

Thank you Daniel. Yes, in fact there is this possibility which I forgot to mention, which actually doesn’t help because as you said, it gives other problems to bee solved. For this to work, it would have to be possible that notes (in this case whole notes) erase the glissando line in the background, but I suspect it is complicated because of ledger lines, for e.g.

Apparentely it has to be adjusted manually, right?

Yes, you’ll have to adjust it manually either way, I’m afraid!

1 Like