Glissando/portamento in div disappear at system breaks

Is this addressed in 5.1.51,… me-hopes? I’ve been having this problem and thought it was the huge opera file I’m working on, but I copied just the violin I music to a new doc for a test. Here’s the same exact music pasted into two flows. I forced a system break in a different place for flow 2. As you can see, in my case it’s the system break that seems to make the glisses vanish.

Question 1) Has anyone found any kind of workaround for this?
Question 2) Does anyone know when this might be addressed/fixed? I think Dorico is great and I’m highly impressed with the design, so this it must be something very difficult to implement otherwise I’m sure it would have been handled by now. Thx.

div gliss disappear system breaks.dorico (703.1 KB)

I’m afraid this is indeed still a limitation with condensed music (it affects both condensed divisi and music for condensed single players), and it is indeed a hairy problem to fix. We do plan to fix it, but I’m afraid I can’t say when it will be fixed. There’s no good workaround, except trying to avoid system breaks at those positions, and I know that’s a pretty terrible situation to find yourself in. I’m sorry!

1 Like

Do manual lines disappear as well or just ornaments? i.e. could you use a line that looks like a gliss. instead?

Unfortunately, I’m almost certain any note-attached line will disappear in the same way.

Well, I guess there’s always a ruler and a fine point pen, LOL. Actually, what I may try is drawing the lines somehow in Acrobat Pro once I get to the point of making PDFs.