Glitches when using cpu!

Hi, i dont know if this is the proper place to post this problem, if not, please point me in the right direction :slight_smile:

Im from Norway, and my problem have never, in 2 years, been solved!

The problem:
When i surf the internet, open programs or do other things, the sound (example spotify) glitches, and its pretty much. Both win-related sounds (mediaplayers and spotify) and in cubase (playback and rec)

The Connection:
I use firewire. I have routed the drivers trough the MR and out the phone lines in front.

Spec:
Win 7 / 64 bit
Intel i7 - 6 core 3,8 GHz
16 GB ram
Steinberg mr816x

• Cubase 5 and MR editor - up to date

Tried:
      Everything! Buffer-settings both in win and MR, direct monitor and other settings. hundreds of programs thats suppose to correct buffer and/or other hard and software issues related to the problem -as read on thousands of other forums… Now ive reinstalled win after total format. No change.

I just cant get it to work! please help someone, i deserve to use my “studio” after 2 years of searching for a solution.

Regards from
Boiker

Hello,

Please read this article, it seems that something is interfering with the real time processing.

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/mr816-resolving-audio-performance-issues.html

Specially point 13, try with the legacy driver and see if that fixes the problem. I will also recommend you to use the DPC Latency Checker and LatencyMon.

In some cases the WIFI card, or the ethernet might interfere with the FIrewire chipset.

Best regards,
GN