From Cubase 9 Steinberg change workspaces to remember zoom and position. I manage to solve that by import global workspaces (and also project workspaces) from 8.5.
Scenario: You work on drums on small section in arrangement and let say you have “Drums and few plugins workspace” you zoomed and positioned to that desired section you working on and when you engage mentioned workspace (or any other) it focus you on zoom and position where you added that WS, and suddenly you find yourself scrolling and zooming to section you worked again and again.
For me in 90% cases its completely illogical WS to remember zoom and pos where your workspace is focused on mixer or 1 or 2 plugins and especially editing. What are your thoughts on this?
So till Steinberg makes option to workspace remembers or forget zoom for certain workspaces here is workaround:
- Open in text editor Windows Layouts.xml from Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64\Presets
- Find name of your global workspace (Grada Default in this example)
- Scroll down and locate “PArrangeWindow” (depends of workspace sometimes you have to scroll a bit more)
- Below PArrangeWindow you will find “AttrDefaultVersion” value="1"
- Change value of “AttrDefaultVersion” from “1” to "0"
Here is screenshot:
Note: This works only on global workspaces, for Project workspaces i tried to xml/hex edit and I found similar line but without luck
Maybe someone who is more experience with xml can manage to get project workspaces forget zoom and position?
Hope you find this handy