Glue command please

+1

It’s impractical when your right hand is flat out clicking and dragging an clicking and your left hand is doing nothing to help.

+1

For those so inclined, an alternative to waiting for this to be (if) implemented is to use an Autohotkey script. A nice thing about this is you can still use the alt key modifier to glue all following notes of the same pitch.

Here’s the script:

;============ Glue tool while key held down =============
; A script for Cubendo that switches to the Glue tool while the shortcut key is held down, and switches back to the select tool upon release of the key. 

$v:: ; Keystroke to invoke function. The $ symbol stops the key from being sent to Cubase
ControlGetFocus, OutputVar, A 
if ErrorLevel ; assures that command won't run if a text input field is active
{
Send, 4 ; activates tool via your assigned keystroke, edit this.
KeyWait, v  ; wait for the key to be released
Send, 0 ; switch to select tool
}
else
Send, v ; types the letter v into the text input field if one is active
return ; ends routine

people… the solution is simple:
assign a key for “GLUE” command.
enjoy

+1

Thanks for the script! I didn’t test it because I work on a MAC, but the Idea is very good. It would be nice though if we could use the Cubase Preferences (Tools Modifiers) to make such a setting.

Was not there before 10.5

Hi all

I don’t know if it is useful or not
but I made a macro that does it and its fairly simple:
Schermafbeelding 2021-04-10 om 14.54.41
so

-1 go to keycommands → menu in cubase-> edit-> keycommands,

(first activate your preset on the right hand next to the floppydisk icon to make sure to add this to your existing keycommands if you allready assigned some, if not, choose a cool name for your keycommands preset)

2 click below MACRO, NEW, preferably choose a logical macro name so you can remember what it does later on, I have called it “glue events together with midi bounce”

3 go to the search magnifier on top and search for the three commands I list for you below underneath the smiley face,

! it is crucial to enter the exact writing of these functions but if you enter the first two words you’ll probably find it !

each time you ‘find’ one, you have to add it to the macro with-> (below on the screen:) COMMANDS, ADD, then continue searching the next command and so on…

:grinning:
Edit - Select All on Tracks
MIDI - Bounce MIDI
Edit - Select None*

• = this last step is upon your own taste, if you leave the NONE out, the new freshly glued part remains highlighted,

4 search in the magnifier window on top the name of your macro and assign a key to it (right side of window type key + assign)

5 don’t forget to press on the floppy disk icon to save and close this window, you are ready to go

(6 if you are really using this a lot and are using a trackball or a gamers mouse, you can go in the software that comes with that mouse and assign the key to a certain mouse click and do it from there, …very time saving too)

Probably many people are smiling that I explain even the most obvious but if new cubase users or young inexperienced musicians read this, there is no harm in detailing the whole description of setting up a macro. Macro’s are speeding up your workflow tremendously, this is a awesome path to follow…